December 21, 2016 04:43 by Armend
So, you've installed and setup your brand new Joomla web site already. Have you offered some thought to how you could optimize it to load faster but? We'll provide you a few pointers within this write-up.
First of all, an important step one is to enable Joomla's built in caching. You can do this simply using the following steps:
- Login to your Joomla Administrator Panel
- Goto > Site > Global Configuration > System (depending on your version this may be slightly different)
- Set Caching to ON. I'd suggest you leave it set to File and 15mins. Conservative caching in Joomla 3.4 is probably the best option to start with
- Save your Configuration
- Once caching is enabled, while new content will prompt a refresh of the system cache, you can trigger this yourself to ensure that 3rd party components that use the inbuilt cache are also refreshed (see the next point)
- You can manually refresh the cache in Site > Maintenance > Clear Cache (you'll need to, in most cases, select all items, and then press 'delete' up the top right
Next? Properly, the globe is actually your oyster. Depending on your template, there might be quite a few optimization alternatives currently implemented. Most of the 'well known' Joomla template clubs produce outstanding templates that may already be optimized.
Some other critical reading suggestions are:
- Google's: Minimize payload size and
- A little more advanced: Optimize browser rendering
- You may also like to run your site through GTmetrix or this testing tool
Do not overlook as well, the kind of hosting you decide on may also possess a massive impact around the speed of one's Joomla Website. We've not touched on this situation at all in this artilce since it must be obvious.
For additional help in this Joomla Optimization region, make sure to head over for the Joomla Forum, in particular the forum section on Joomla Overall performance (choose the section for the Joomla version you're operating with).
Best Recommended Joomla Hosting
ASPHostPortal.com is the leading provider of Windows hosting and affordable Joomla Hosting. Joomla Hosting from ASPHostPortal.com provides a safe, reliable and performance-driven foundation for your Joomla website. Joomla is the perfect Content Management System for managing and developing your website with one of ASPHostPortal’s Hosting plans. ASPHostPortal has ability to support the latest Microsoft and ASP.NET technology, such as: WebMatrix, WebDeploy, Visual Studio 2015, .NET 5/ASP.NET 4.5.2, ASP.NET MVC 6.0/5.2, Silverlight 6 and Visual Studio Lightswitch, ASPHostPortal guarantees the highest quality product, top security, and unshakeable reliability, carefully chose high-quality servers, networking, and infrastructure equipment to ensure the utmost reliability.