September 17, 2014 10:00 by Jervis
In this short tutorial, we will inform you how to migrate your previous Joomla 2.5 to newest Joomla 3.3. Are you planning to upgrade your Joomla version? Then, you have entered correct blog here. :)
Things You Need to Check
1. Please identify your Joomla extensions (3th-party components, plugins and modules) that may have compatibility issues with
2. The second thing you need to check is please make sure your hosting allows you to install Joomla 3.3. The minimum required PHP version is now 5.3.10, but it is highly recommended that servers are update to the latest version of PHP 5.4 (or 5.5) for best performance, security and compatibility. If you doubt that your hosting provider offer the latest PHP 5.4 or not, then please kindly contact their support team.
3. This is very important for you. In order to avoid any problem, then you need to make sure that you have backup everything (files and database). Most of hosting provider will do daily backup, but we would recommend you to backup it on your end too. That way, if something goes wrong during the upgrade process, you can easily restore your site to the earlier version and wait for professional help.
How to Upgrade Your Joomla
Please follow this tips below to upgrade your Joomla. Here are few tips to avoid problem when migrate your Joomla site
- If you are migrating a website is a working website for long time, please set a Offline mode for this process time.
- Disable all plugins which are you not sure if they will work with new CMS version.
- Before updating your instance of Joomla! you need to fix the database tables for the site. The database tool can be found under the Extensions Manager -> Database tab in your site’s admin. If you are using Joomla! 3.2.4 or Joomal 2.5.10 after the fix button has been clicked you should see a success message.
- Now you can install the Update to Joomla! 3.3. If the Joomla! Update component is not visible in your component menu then use the Discover tool to find and install the component. This process will take a few minutes. Wait until the process completes, don’t change or open new browser tabs.
- When CMS updating has completed you may need to refresh your screen or empty your browser cache to adjust for template CSS changes.
- Now you should update all extensions (one by one) and of course template. Just reinstall them with new versions.
- If any database error messages show after the update, be sure to check the Extension Manager: Database tab followed by the Extension Manager: Discover tab.
- Remember to test the whole website and ensure that all features are working properly – then you can publish your website again.
Hope this helps!
Hosting Your Joomla 3.3 with ASPHostPortal
You don’t need to look further to host your Joomla 3.3! We have launched the latest Joomla 3.3 on our hosting environment. Start your affordable Joomla 3.3 hosting from $5.00/month!