July 15, 2014 05:57 by ben
More details about the key features in the latest Joomla version include:
- Only JQuery - From Joomla 3.3 onward, a jQuery library is now included in the CMS core, and Joomla core will be jQuery only. All Mootools code instances will be converted to use jQuery.
- Cloud Storage APIs - Popular Cloud storage providers such as Google Cloud Storage and Dropbox will be accessed in Joomla 3.3 Hosting.
- Fortified Joomla Security - From now on, the security standard of Joomla is even higher by requiring at least PHP version 5.3.10 to install Joomla 3.3. This requirement will help strengthen the security with better 2-Factor Authentication, stronger password encryption and fewer PHP security holes.
- Microdata implementation - This allows many aspects of the content rendered by the Joomla CMS to be explained to search engines using semantic information. Ultimately, this enables Joomla websites to be more searchable. Microdata library will be included in the Joomla 3.3 release. With help from the library, search engines will be your friends, not enemies anymore. You can enhance the web content with many useful data relating people, products, places, reviews, events etc. Joomla 3.3 will be the smart choice for doing content marketing with SEO friendly data.
- Faster Page Speed - Your page will be even more faster with jRouter, which acts as the traffic director in Joomla 3.3. This is the first iteration of a complete rewrite, possibly boost your page speed up to 10% load time performance overall.
If you choose to host Joomla by yourself and install Joomla manually, you have to create a MySQL database for Joomla, and edit its configuration file configuration.php. It is because Joomla require a database and a valid connection string between web server and database server.
Find the configuration.php file that's located in your Joomla site. Open that file in your favorite text editor and look for the database connection settings, which will be near the top of the file and then write this script:
Connection string is located in configuration.php
public $host = 'database_host_here';
// This is the DB host
// DB username
// DB password
// DB database name
Reason to Host Your Joomla 3.3 Site with ASPHostPortal.com
Joomla 3.3 Hosting from ASPHostPortal.com provides a safe, reliable and performance-driven foundation for your Joomla website. Joomla is the perfect Content Management System for managing and developing your website with one of ASPHostPortal’s Hosting plans.
Experts in Joomla Hosting
Given the scale of our environment, we have recruited and developed some of the best talent in the hosting technology that you are using. Our team is strong because of the experience and talents of the individuals who make up ASPHostPortal.com.
High Performance and Reliable Server
We never ever overload our server with tons of clients. We always load balance our server to make sure we can deliver an excellent service, coupling with the high performance and reliable server.
ASPHostPortal.com's support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. All support staff work exclusively and are highly trained to service the needs of our customers.
July 14, 2014 08:30 by ben
How to Speed Up Your Joomla Site?
Joomla is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) for publishing web content. It is built on a model–view–controller web application framework that can be used independently of the CMS. Joomla is one of the most popular free CMS in the world that allows you to easily create and manage a dynamic website. In this article I will explain about how to speed up your Joomla site.
Tips for Speed Up Your Joomla Site
As we know that speed is amongst the most important factors for the success of your website. Actually, Joomla isn't slow but you can do a lot to optimize it and achieve great speed for your site. There are the most essential actions you can take to speed up your Joomla website.
First - You should have the latest version of Joomla. It is important for your site speed because in each version there are multiple code improvements. Even if the changes are small - new Joomla versions are generally performing better than previous ones.
Third - If you have a dynamic site built with Joomla, it is usually a good idea to turn on Caching. This means the server does not have to generate a new copy of the page every time someone visits your web page. Instead every 15 minutes, for example, Joomla will Cache your pages so that they can be delivered much quicker.
Fourth - Enabling Joomla compression. You can choose to send out your pages in a compressed format. This will allow all the css and html to be compressed on the server before sending, so a much smaller packet of data gets sent to the user’s computer, and is then uncompressed by the user’s browser. This enables the file to be much smaller without damaging the content in any way. Gzip is the most popular and effective compression method and it generally reduces the response time.
Fifth - You should start your optimization from your photos, because these are an important part of any website. A nice image can improve the content, but on the other hand using too many images can slow down the loading of your Joomla website. Try to decide if all your images are really needed; nice effects are now possible with Font Awesome or by using CSS3 shapes, so sometimes images are not necessary for the aesthetic appeal of your site. Try to reduce the file size of all used images and avoid using huge, slow loading images – 400KB or more.
A website is never fast enough; it’s a continuous process of finding the right balance between the quantity and quality of the content, and its size and speed of loading these elements. There are hundreds of ways to optimize your site, from simple asset compression to complex load balancing servers. However, the best way to optimize your site is by taking simple steps, having complete control over what content is displayed and knowing why you need them. Optimization; it’s about making improvements in the right places and with the right goals in mind.